How to Sew a Simple 45cm Cushion CoverFebruary 27, 2014
- 50cm of 137cm wide furnishing fabric
- Sewing thread to match
- 45cm Cushion Insert
- Sewing Chalk
- Sewing Machine
- Cut out one 47cm square for the front of the cushion.
- Cut out two rectangles 47 x 31cm for the cushion back.
- Press under 1cm then 3cm across one long edge of both
rectangles for back and stitch.
- Lay 47 cm square flat with right side of fabric facing upwards. Lay the two backs on top, right side down, overlapping the pieces to fit as shown here →
- Pin all round the cushion 1cm from the edge.
- Sew together.
- Turn right side out and press. Voila!
This is a simple cushion cover with the overlapped edges hidden at the back. Alternatively, you could make a feature of the opening by adding buttons or ties.
Contact our friendly staff for advice on all your fabric needs.